Restricted Operator’s Certification for the Global
Maritime Distress and Safety System Course (GMDSS : ROC)
Standard of Course
Number of Trainee
Lunch and breaks
: In compliance with IMO Model Course 1.26 which
certified by the National Broadcasting and
Telecommunication Commission – NBTC
: 7 days
: Not more than 24
: 7,500 Baht
: Siam Maritime School
– Not less than 18 years of age
– General knowledge of electricity, radio communication,
– English language, use of personal computer and marine
– GMDSS Restricted Operator’s Certificate has not been
– withdrawned or cancelled or has been accepted from withdrawn
– not less than 5 years.
: Restricted Operator’s Certificate (Certified by NBTC- validity 5 years)
: Restricted Operator’s License (Certified by NBTC- validity 5 years)
: Restricted Operator’s Certificate (Certified by Siam Maritime School-validity 5 years)
– To obtain knowledge, understanding and skill as operator of radio communication in compliance
– with the provisions and performing the duties in according to STCW 2010 Chapter IV Section A-IV/2
– and the notification of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission (NBTC).
– The training course and examination for the GMDSS Restricted Operator’s should be conducted and
Knowledge of the international rules, regulations and provisions concerning GMDSS system
Ability to use English language for radio communication in the GMDSS Systems
Knowledge of the basic features of the Marine Mobile Service
Knowledge and ability to use equipment of a ship station
Main machinery and equipment
Principles of maintenance and problem solving practice.
Trainees should participate in theory and practical sessions not less than 80 percent of timetables.