General Operator’s Certification for the Global Maritime
Distress and Safety System Course (GMDSS : GOC)
Standard of Course
Number of Trainee
Lunch and breaks
: In compliance with IMO Model Course 1.25 which certified
by the National Broadcasting and Telecommunication
Commission – NBTC
: 14 days
: Not more than 24
: 8,000 Baht
: Siam Maritime School
– Not less than 18 years of age.
– General knowledge of electricity, radio communication,
English language, use of personal computer and marine
– GMDSS Restricted Operator’s Certificate has not been withdrawned
or cancelled or has been accepted from withdrawn not less than 5 years.
: General Operator’s Certificate (Certified by Siam Maritime School-validity 5 years
General Operator’s Certificate (Certified by NBTC- validity 5 years)
General Operator’s License (Certified by NBTC- validity 5 years)
– To obtain knowledge, understanding and skill as operator of radio communication in compliance with
the provisions and performing the duties in according to STCW 2010 Chapter IV Section A-IV/2 and
the notification of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission (NBTC).
– The training course and examination for the GMDSS Restricted Operator’s should be conducted and passed.
Main machinery and equipment
Principles of maintenance and problem solving practice.
Knowledge of the international rules, regulations and provisions concerning GMDSS system
Knowledge of the basic features of the Marine Mobile Service
Knowledge and ability to use equipment of a ship station
Ability to use English language for radio communication in the GMDSS Systems
Trainees should participate in theory and practical sessions not less than 80 percent of timetables.